Barcelona Chair Reproduction
Mies van der RoheLudwig Mies van der Rohe born in 1886 was a German architect and widely regarded as one of the pioneering masters of Modern Architecture. He was ... Read More
What makes the Rove Barcelona Chair premium reproduction so special?
- Upholstered in 100% full grain Aniline Leather imported from Italy, the best, most expensive leather available. Over the years we have maintained excellent relationships with our supplier and have an inexhaustible supply of leather finishes/colors. All leather portions of the chair are made with this high grade leather, including piping, buttons and straps.
- Solid core #304 grade Stainless Steel Frame polished to a mirror like sheen, the 12mm thick heavy gauge solid core steel used on the frame provides maximum strength with the right amount of flex.
- Top and side matching Heavy Grade Saddle straps are riveted to the frame
- The rear seat cushion edge features an angular contour cut to compliment the angle of the frame.
- PU-Injected foam cushions are Dacron wrapped. This results in a extremely comfortable chair with the highest level of durability. The Dacron wrap also provides the perfect amount of top visual plump to the cushion.
- Braided thread used with Lockstitch (stitch type #301) ensures piping stays in place and seams are long lasting
- Our Barcelona Chair reproduction is an extremely exclusive furniture piece, owing to the hand stitching required for the upholstery. Both cushions are entirely hand sewn/stitched. Individual squares of leather are cut from a single hide and sewn, welted and tufted. This labor intensive process takes up to 28 hours to complete per chair and the work has to be carried out by an extremely skilled pair of hands. This commitment to craftsmanship has ensured our reproduction to be on par with the original.
- Full original specifications and details are incorporated into our design, there simply is no discernable difference in authenticity.
- This item is not an original Mies van der Rohe, nor is it manufactured by or affiliated with Knoll.
Genuine Imported Leathers
In order to distinguish Rove's line of genuine imported full leathers from generic leathers offered elsewhere that make similar claims of quality, we highly encourage you to request free swatches from each store and compare them side by side!
We are confident you will see the difference our quality makes. Rove products are designed to last for years thus it is only fitting that great attention is owed to the material and craftsmanship of each piece.
The Barcelona chair reproduction is a beautiful work of art that not only looks great but is comfortable to sit on as well. Originally designed in 1929 for Spanish royalty, the Barcelona design chair is now a select piece of classic, modern furniture. Designer Ludwig Mies van der Rohe—or Mies as he is often called—is known for creating exquisite furniture that exudes luxury with its top notch craftsmanship. Barcelona chairs are a beautiful mix of supple leather combined with shiny chrome frames.
Authentic, boasting the style and beauty of the original works of furniture art by Mies, the Barcelona chair reproduction is unique and classy. The leather that covers these lovely chairs is called aniline leather, which means leather that has been thoroughly dyed all the way through. What this means for you, the customer, is that this chair's covering will not crack and fade because there is no artificial, cheap top layer. These chairs are covered with one solid piece of European aniline leather that is pliable and soft to sit on. Aniline leather develops a beautiful patina over time, making it simply more beautiful as it is enjoyed from day to day.
When decorating your home, this spectacular chair selection will fit beautifully in your family room where you often watch television, read, gather with the family or even catch a nap. The comfort level is unmatched in such a classic, modern design as this chair. Your home office would benefit greatly from a chair that brings support yet a feeling of sitting on air. This Barcelona chair reproduction can bring that feeling right to your desk in your home office.
The timeless design of this Barcelona chairs are fitting for any room with a classic, modern design motif. From living rooms to home offices, from board rooms to business lobby waiting areas and everywhere in between, these chairs fit the bill and look great while doing so. Handcrafted with genuine European aniline leather with top quality solid stainless steel bars, this chair has no corner seams for it is crafted using one solid piece of the excellent aniline leather. Boasting stellar durability, these works of art are an investment in your home, office or place of business.
Mies van der Rohe
Ludwig Mies van der Rohe born in 1886 was a German architect and widely regarded as one of the pioneering masters of Modern Architecture. He was commonly referred to and addressed by his surname, Mies, by his colleagues, students, writers, and others. In 1923 he joined the avant-garde Bauhaus design school as their director of architecture, adopting and developing their functionalist application of simple geometric forms in the design of useful objects. Mies is best known for modernist architecture but also designed modern furniture pieces using new industrial technologies that have become popular classics. During Mies period of furniture design he collaborated closely with interior designer and companion Lilly Reich. Popular pieces include the Barcelona chair and ottoman, the Barcelona table, the Brno chair, and the Tugendhat chair. His furniture was known for fine craftsmanship, a mix of luxurious leather combined with modern chrome frames, and a distinct separation of the supporting structure and the supported surfaces.
Van Der Rohe Furniture Catalog
29.5" x 30.25" x 30"
ReviewsTo post a review you must login to your customer account.
Fast shipping via FedEx on all our in stock items.
Furniture Order Processing Time
Orders in stock take 1 business day to process and typically ship 1 day after payment clears. Tracking numbers are provided via email. You can watch the progress of your shipment as soon as they are made available to us. Average delivery times are posted below.
Continental U.S & Canada Furniture Delivery Times
On average Canadian customers can anticipate delivery within our current 5-12 business day average. U.S. customers can anticipate delivery within our 7-12 business day delivery average.
International orders allow average 18-24 business days for arrival. Tracking numbers will be provided. International orders are not eligible for advertised shipping promotions. International customers please contact us to receive a custom delivery quote.