Barcelona Chair & Ottoman Reproduction
Mies van der RoheLudwig Mies van der Rohe born in 1886 was a German architect and widely regarded as one of the pioneering masters of Modern Architecture. He was ... Read More
What makes the Rove Barcelona Chair premium reproduction so special ?
- Upholstered in 100% full grain Aniline Leather imported from Italy, the best, most expensive leather available. Over the years we have maintained excellent relationships with our supplier and have an inexhaustible supply of leather finishes/colors. All parts of the chair are made with the same leather grade including piping, buttons and all straps.
- Pure Solid #304 grade Stainless Steel Frame polished to a mirror like sheen, the 12mm thick heavy gauge solid core steel used on the frame provides maximum strength with the right amount of flex.
- Top and side matching Heavy Grade Saddle straps are riveted to the frame
- The rear seat cushion edge features an angular contour cut to compliment the angle of the frame.
- PU-Injected foam cushions are Dacron wrapped. This results in a extremely comfortable chair with the highest level of durability. The Dacron wrap also provides the perfect amount of top visual plump to the cushion.
- Braided thread used with Lockstitch (stitch type #301) ensures piping stays in place and seams are long lasting
- Our Barcelona Chair reproduction is a extremely exclusive furniture piece, owing to the hand stitching required for the upholstery. Both cushions are entirely hand sewn/stitched. Individual squares of leather are cut from a single hide and sewn, welted and tufted. This labor intensive process takes up to 28 hours to complete per chair and the work has to be carried out by an extremely skilled pair of hands. This commitment to craftsmanship has ensured our reproduction to be on par with the original.
- Full original specifications and details are incorporated into our design, there simply is no discernable difference in the quality between the authentic chairs and our lounger.
- This item is not an original Mies van der Rohe, nor is it manufactured by or affiliated with Knoll.
Genuine Imported Leathers
In order to distinguish Rove's line of genuine imported full leathers from generic leathers offered elsewhere that make similar claims of quality, we highly encourage you to request free swatches from each store and compare them side by side!
We are confident you will see the difference our quality makes. Rove products are designed to last for years thus it is only fitting that great attention is owed to the material and craftsmanship of each piece.
The renowned designer Ludwig Mies van der Rohe (referred to as Mies), is known for his exquisite craftsmanship in the design of the Barcelona chair. This chair is a combination of beautiful European aniline leather and modern steel chrome frames, making it a lovely classic work of art as well as a comfortable seat. Any room of your home or business will be enhanced by the presence of such excellent chairs, in both form and function.
The European aniline leather is a high quality leather that is dyed all the way through, making for a durable and beautiful seat. This means there is no cheap, fake top layer that will wear away or crack covering the Barcelona chair. The supple and soft aniline leather will develop a silky patina over time and use, only adding to its comfort and beauty. With an airy makeup, sitting in the Barcelona chairs is comfortable for as long as you want to be seated there. The workmanship is top notch, being made of one solid piece of beautiful leather to avoid any corner seams or irritating stitching.
The Barcelona chair reproduction is a work of art and a beautiful investment for any classically designed space. A home office outfitted with this chair brings hours of comfort and productivity. Placing the Barcelona style chair at your place of business boasts quality and comfort at the same time. Wherever you want stunning form and function in a chair, that is where the Mies designed Barcelona chair will fit perfectly.
The handcrafted modern chair is a combination leather and chrome chair that boasts durability and superiority like no other. The Mies Barcelona chairs reproductions are an investment you will not regret both in terms of comfort, relaxation and style. Originally designed in 1929 for Spanish royalty, the Barcelona lets everyone using it feel like royalty with superb comfort. Reproductions allow the chairs to fit budgets that are less than that of royalty and billionaires, yet bring about the comfort and style of a much higher priced item. The investment in quality Barcelona style chairs is one that will be well worth it in terms of both durability and quality.
Mies van der Rohe
Ludwig Mies van der Rohe born in 1886 was a German architect and widely regarded as one of the pioneering masters of Modern Architecture. He was commonly referred to and addressed by his surname, Mies, by his colleagues, students, writers, and others. In 1923 he joined the avant-garde Bauhaus design school as their director of architecture, adopting and developing their functionalist application of simple geometric forms in the design of useful objects. Mies is best known for modernist architecture but also designed modern furniture pieces using new industrial technologies that have become popular classics. During Mies period of furniture design he collaborated closely with interior designer and companion Lilly Reich. Popular pieces include the Barcelona chair and ottoman, the Barcelona table, the Brno chair, and the Tugendhat chair. His furniture was known for fine craftsmanship, a mix of luxurious leather combined with modern chrome frames, and a distinct separation of the supporting structure and the supported surfaces.
Van Der Rohe Furniture Catalog
30" x 30.25" x 29.5"
ReviewsTo post a review you must login to your customer account.
Fast shipping via FedEx on all our in stock items.
Furniture Order Processing Time
Orders in stock take 1 business day to process and typically ship 1 day after payment clears. Tracking numbers are provided via email. You can watch the progress of your shipment as soon as they are made available to us. Average delivery times are posted below.
Continental U.S & Canada Furniture Delivery Times
On average Canadian customers can anticipate delivery within our current 5-12 business day average. U.S. customers can anticipate delivery within our 7-12 business day delivery average.
International orders allow average 18-24 business days for arrival. Tracking numbers will be provided. International orders are not eligible for advertised shipping promotions. International customers please contact us to receive a custom delivery quote.