Barcelona Chair & Ottoman Reproduction
- 13 Review(s)4.1
Mies van der RoheMies van der Rohe is acknowledged as one of the leading members of modern architecture and design in the mid century period, along with ... Read More
What makes the Rove Barcelona Chair & Ottoman so special?
Our Barcelona Chair & Ottoman reproduction is an extremely exclusive furniture piece, owing to the hand stitching required for the upholstery. Both cushions are entirely hand stitched. Individual squares of leather are cut from a single hide and sewn, welted and tufted. This labor intensive process takes up to 28 hours to complete per chair and the work must be carried out by an extremely skilled pair of hands. This commitment to craftsmanship has ensured our reproduction to be at par with the original.
This Barcelona Chair & Ottoman premium reproduction features:
- Upholstered in 100% full grain Aniline Leather imported from Italy, the best, most expensive leather available. Over the years we have maintained excellent relationships with our supplier and have an inexhaustible supply of leather finishes/colors. All leather portions of the chair are made with this high grade leather, including piping and buttons.
- PU-Injected foam cushions are wrapped with Dacron, a synthetic silk. This results in a extremely comfortable chair with the highest level of durability. The Dacron wrap also provides the perfect amount of top visual plump to the cushion.
- Braided thread used with Lockstitch (stitch type #301) ensures piping stays in place and seams are long lasting
- The rear seat cushion edge features an angular contour cut to compliment the angle of the frame
- Solid core, #304 grade, stainless steel frame polished to a mirror like sheen
- The 12mm thick heavy-gauge, solid core steel used on the frame provides maximum strength with the right amount of flex
- Top and side heavy grade Saddle Straps are riveted to the frame
- Leather support straps are dyed for the closest match possible to the full grain upholstery for the following Modena Colors: Black, Ivory, Camel, Terracotta, Taupe, Coffee, and Red.
- Leather support straps for the following Waxy and Vintage leathers will use a similar but not identical brown shade for strap color: Caramel, Dark Chocolate, Dark Tan, Tan, Balmoral Cinnamon, Milano Smoke, NewCastle Brown, and Selvaggio Rum.
- Leather support straps for following specialty leathers will use classic black straps: Palermo Olive, Siena Iron Grey.
- True to original, the front corners of the seat cushion and the top corners of the back cushion have no seams. Additionally, the front corners of the ottoman are seamless as well - a key indicator of attention to detail.
- Since the full original specifications and details are incorporated into our design, there simply is no discernable difference
This item is not an original Mies van der Rohe, nor is it manufactured by or affiliated with Knoll.
Genuine Imported Leathers
In order to distinguish Rove's line of genuine imported full leathers from generic leathers offered elsewhere that make similar claims of quality, we highly encourage you to request free swatches from each store and compare them side by side!
We are confident you will see the difference our quality makes. Rove products are designed to last for years thus it is only fitting that great attention is owed to the material and craftsmanship of each piece.
Important: We do our best to provide quality pictures but leather colors will look different under different lighting. Pictures shown on the website should be viewed as an approximation under studio lighting, for accurate color comparison please request our swatches.
Ludwig Mies van der Rohe and Lilly Reich elevated the chair and ottoman, creating a design that was a sculptural piece of art that served a practical function. The Barcelona Chair and Ottoman, also known as the Spanish Pavilion Chair and Ottoman, are perhaps the most well-recognized pieces in the collection. Originally intended for the German exhibition at the International Exposition of 1929, the Barcelona style is now a symbol for upscale modernity.
True to the original, this embodiment of the Barcelona Chair and Ottoman design is handcrafted from genuine full grain European aniline leather, and premium solid bar stainless steel frames. Over 80 years have passed since Mies brought his creation to life, yet we continue to revere his name by honoring the high quality craftsmanship of his original. There are no corner seams on this reproduction - both items are encased in a full piece of leather, ensuring superiority and durability.
The original design is carefully honored in the Rove Concepts Barcelona Chair and Ottoman. The matching pieces are beautifully upholstered and button tufted in reinforced, hand stitched Italian aniline leather, prepared with a special oil formula that creates a durable finish and a unique patina over time. The beautiful cushions are attached by heavy grade saddle straps to ensure a secure fastening. Each cushion takes 28 hours and are handmade. The back of the chair is curved, which is a rarely seen detail in other chairs. The two pieces are supported by curved, mirror-polished stainless steel, which creates a sturdy, flexible frame. The chair and ottoman are stunning, sophisticated pieces suitable for everyday use and commercial spaces.
Mies van der Rohe
Mies van der Rohe is acknowledged as one of the leading members of modern architecture and design in the mid century period, along with contemporaries like Frank Lloyd Wright and Le Corbusier. Van der Rohe adhered to a vision of open spaces, newly used materials like steel and minimalism. He took projects at the Illinois Institute of Technology and headed the architecture program. He was also contracted for works like the Farnsworth House and the Neue Nationalgalerie museum. His furniture is one of his most lasting contributions to the time. The Barcelona series and BRNO Chair are distinctive pieces that represent his belief in pared down, quality, modern design.
29.5" x 30.75" x 30"
ReviewsTo post a review you must login to your customer account.
Continental U.S & Canada Furniture Delivery Options and Transit Times
Standard Shipping - ( 7- 16 business days ) Standard shipping includes a delivery appointment and a 2-person delivery to the First Dry Area or Garage.
White Glove - ( 7 - 16 business days ) White glove service includes a delivery appointment, inside delivery, assembly and placement in your room of choice and removal of all packing materials.
Express Shipping - ( 3 - 9 business days ) Express shipping is a curb side delivery service. You will be contacted for a delivery appointment. It will be your responsibility to remove the item off of the truck and bring it inside.
Furniture Order Processing Time
Orders in stock take 48 hours to process. Once orders are shipped tracking numbers are provided via email. You can watch the progress of your shipment as soon as they are made available to us.