Marcel BreuerOne of the most popular architects of the 20th century, the work of Marcel Breuer ranges from product design to more than 300 buildings. His ... Read More
This exact reproduction of the original 1925 Marcel Breuer Wassily Chair could easily be the last Wassily Chair you will ever have to buy. No dimension detail was overlooked. Like the original, this Wassily reproduction uses materials designed to exceed the structure demands of long term daily use such as the 3mm thick steel frame, 6mm thick pure cowhide leather and high strength load bearing bolts. Faithfully reproducing this iconic design means including all features of the original, some of which provide durability, some are appearance related and others act as both. Double line horizontal reinforced stitching is placed on the side strap, arm strap and leather platform at the wrap around stress points just like the original. Like the original the frame bolts are flush to the frame versus the commonly used round closed end nut heads which protrude the frame at the meeting place of the joints. This is a reproduction true to the original in design that is built to functionally endure time.
This Wassily Chair premium reproduction features:
- 6MM (1/4″) Thick Bonded 100% Cowhide Leather, true to the original design
- Detail Body Line 1/16th” Saddle Stitch
- 2 individual horizontal stitch lines at all side straps, arm straps, back straps & seat bar wrap stress points (see images)
- 3MM (1/8″) thick side wall, heavy duty seam-less tubular steel frame
- UV light heat cured & polished chrome steel tube finish resists chipping
- Based on the original design pitch, the seat platform tilts at a backward angle of 20 degrees
- Countersunk weight load high strength bolts connect the tubular frames at all original design appropriate points (see images)
- 100% Saddle Grade Nylon Thread used on all stitching provides durability and original design accuracy
- Complete with 4 plastic floor protectors. 2 on rear, 2 on front rail
- Overall Chair Dimensions: 31.1″ Width x 29.9″ Depth x 29.9″ Height
- Seat Height: from ground to front edge – 17”
- Seat Height: From ground to rear edge – 12.75″
- Arm Height: From Ground to Arm rest – 23″
- Actual Seat dimensions: Length 23.75″ x Width 16.75″
- Below Arm “Side Strap” Dimension: Length 26.5” x Width “3″
- Arm Strap Dimension: Length 23.5′ x Width 3”
- Upper Back Strap Dimension: Length 31″ x Width 4”
- Lower Back Strap Dimension: Length 31″ x Width 4″
Genuine Imported Leathers
In order to distinguish Rove's line of genuine imported full leathers from generic leathers offered elsewhere that make similar claims of quality, we highly encourage you to request free swatches from each store and compare them side by side!
We are confident you will see the difference our quality makes. Rove products are designed to last for years thus it is only fitting that great attention is owed to the material and craftsmanship of each piece.
Important: We do our best to provide quality pictures but leather colors will look different under different lighting. Pictures shown on the website should be viewed as an approximation under studio lighting, for accurate color comparison please request our swatches.
A rarity in furniture, Marcel Breuer’s Wassily Chair continues to push the boundaries of the design status quo, despite having its origins in the 1920’s. Breuer was a master of modernism, leading the way with his structural clarity and technical innovation.
The Wassily Chair was revolutionary in its use of materials. Manufacturers had only just perfected a process for crafting stainless steel tubing without seams – a development that was absolutely necessary to provide strength and style to Breuer’s chair. These features have been upheld in this exacting reproduction.
The contrast between the simple structure and complex manifestation of the Wassily Chair has placed it in its rightful place as the centrepiece inside design museums and innumerable contemporary homes and offices. Available in black or white, this chair will provide an eye-catching and original piece for any space.
One of the most popular architects of the 20th century, the work of Marcel Breuer ranges from product design to more than 300 buildings. His Wassily Chair defines his furniture style. Featuring tubular steel frames instead of the typical wood, the piece was a modern and technological statement. The smooth lines and polished finish reference the importance he placed on function, durability and attractiveness. However, his best success in terms of commercial usage was his cantilevered chair, which was believed to be a significant improvement over the versions created by Mart Stam and Mies van der Rohe.
30" x 30" x 30"
ReviewsTo post a review you must login to your customer account.
Continental U.S & Canada Furniture Delivery Options and Transit Times
Standard Shipping - ( 7- 16 business days ) Standard shipping includes a delivery appointment and a 2-person delivery to the First Dry Area or Garage.
White Glove - ( 7 - 16 business days ) White glove service includes a delivery appointment, inside delivery, assembly and placement in your room of choice and removal of all packing materials.
Express Shipping - ( 3 - 9 business days ) Express shipping is a curb side delivery service. You will be contacted for a delivery appointment. It will be your responsibility to remove the item off of the truck and bring it inside.
Furniture Order Processing Time
Orders in stock take 48 hours to process. Once orders are shipped tracking numbers are provided via email. You can watch the progress of your shipment as soon as they are made available to us.