Eames Molded Plywood Lounge Chair - LCW
- 3 Review(s)4.3
Eames, Charles and RayCharles Eames, an American architect and designer was greatly influenced by the Finnish architect Eliel Saarinen. Eliel’s son Eero (creator of the ... Read More
This Eames LCW Lounge Chair Reproduction Features:
- Heat and Pressure Molded plywood seat and back
- Back and Seat feature 5 Cross Ply hardwood inner grains to protect against cracking and delaminating
- Legs feature 8 Cross Ply Hardwood inner grains for additional strength
- Rubber shock mounts on each leg buffer against jarring movement
- The wood frame has been 30 day uniformly Kiln dried to a stabilized 12.5% moisture level
- Hardwood Top layer triple sanded for the smoothest possible surfaces
- 5 individual coats of UV Cured hard polyurethane finish resists wear and scratches
- Hand Buffed Stain displays the real wood grain, unique to each chair in full feature
- Total Chair Height: 27″ Width: 21.5”” Depth: 26.8″ Seat Height: 15.5″
- The Plywood Lounge Chair with Wood Legs is not the Eames Molded Plywood Lounge Chair by Herman Miller®. Rove Concepts is in no way affiliated with Herman Miller®.
Ray and Charles Eames were pioneers of the movement away from heavy, complex and ornate furniture, towards a refreshing new vision of clean and simple lines. Their Lounge Chair in Wood (LCW) is the perfect embodiment of this vision.
Sleek and minimalist, the design honors the materials and structure that make it what it is. In turn, this reproduction honors those same materials – molded plywood encased in hardwood, and structure – the unique back and seat tilt angle.
The Eames Lounge Chair in wood is valued both for its innovative design and its comfort. It is now a status symbol for furniture collectors, making it an iconic statement piece in any contemporary home, office or commercial space.
Eames, Charles and Ray
Charles Eames, an American architect and designer was greatly influenced by the Finnish architect Eliel Saarinen. Eliel’s son Eero (creator of the Ball Chair) would later become a partner and friend of Charles. In 1941, Charles married Ray Kaiser also an American artist, designer, and filmmaker who, together with her husband Charles, is responsible for many classic, iconic designs of the 20th century. Their work displayed the new technique of molded plywood products, including the 1945 DCW (Dining Chair Wood) and DCM (Dining Chair Metal with plywood seat) and the plywood Eames Lounge Chair 1956. From the beginning, the Eames furniture has usually been listed as by Charles Eames. In fact in the 1948 and 1952 Herman Miller bound catalogs, only Charles’ name is listed, but it has become clear that Ray was deeply involved and should be considered at minimum an equal partner in bringing the classic furniture pieces to life. Keywords our customers used to search for this page: Eames Chair & Ottoman, Eames Lounge & Ottoman, Eames Lounge and Ottoman, Eames Ottoman Chair, Eames Chair Ottoman, Eames Chair And Ottoman, Ottoman Eames, Eames Ottoman.
Eames Furniture Collection
21.5" x 27" x 26.8"
ReviewsTo post a review you must login to your customer account.
Fast shipping via FedEx on all our in stock items.
Furniture Order Processing Time
Orders in stock take 1 business day to process and typically ship 1 day after payment clears. Tracking numbers are provided via email. You can watch the progress of your shipment as soon as they are made available to us. Average delivery times are posted below.
Continental U.S & Canada Furniture Delivery Times
On average Canadian customers can anticipate delivery within our current 5-12 business day average. U.S. customers can anticipate delivery within our 7-12 business day delivery average.
International orders allow average 18-24 business days for arrival. Tracking numbers will be provided. International orders are not eligible for advertised shipping promotions. International customers please contact us to receive a custom delivery quote.