Hans Wegner Shell Chair
Hans WegnerInternationally acclaimed Danish designer Hans J. Wegner was a mid century modernist whose style is referred to as Organic Functionality. He ... Read More
- True to original, the seat and back are made of form-pressed plywood shells. The 3 legs consist of a laminated construction, the 2 front legs are made of one continuous piece, and the hind leg is a separate element.
- Wooden Veneer is First and Seconds grade American Timber. FAS boards are certified to be only the best cuts from the log and produce the least amount of knots. These are sourced exclusively from USA, Canadian and Brazilian companies including Midwest Walnut Company®, Lehmonn Lumber® and Hartzell Hardwoods®.
- Wood is finished with a final application of Italian Lacquer. This protects the wood and gives it the most natural look possible, ensuring the color will not fade over time. A total of 4 coats are applied.
- To enhance the comfort, the design has added 2 upholstered cushions which are fastened to the shell with screws from the back.
- Available in Danish Fabric, Imported Italian Leather or Pony Hide
- Available in 3 different wood veneers: Natural Oak, Walnut and Ebony Stained (Please specify in order comments)
- Seat Height: 14"
Genuine Imported Leathers
In order to distinguish Rove's line of genuine imported full leathers from generic leathers offered elsewhere that make similar claims of quality, we highly encourage you to request free swatches from each store and compare them side by side!
We are confident you will see the difference our quality makes. Rove products are designed to last for years thus it is only fitting that great attention is owed to the material and craftsmanship of each piece.
Important: We do our best to provide quality pictures but leather colors will look different under different lighting. Pictures shown on the website should be viewed as an approximation under studio lighting, for accurate color comparison please request our swatches.
After the initial advent of the modernist movement, Danish designer Hans Wegner realized that its sharp and sometimes brusque edges needed to be sanded down. His Shell Chair is an example of one of his many designs that gave aesthetes a comfortable seat.
This stunning replica is true to the original design, with its floating wing-like lines and surprisingly sturdy three-legged base. The deep angled seat inspires a sense of comfort and ease, making it ideal to curl up in.
The Wegner Style Shell Chair is a beautiful soloist, or with the addition of 2 or more chairs, it can also present an elegant collection.
Internationally acclaimed Danish designer Hans J. Wegner was a mid century modernist whose style is referred to as Organic Functionality. He focused on creating furniture that was extremely practical, carefully crafted and beautiful. Some of his best known works are the Wishbone Chair and the Flag Halyard Chair. With over 100 chair designs out of 500 being produced, the prolific designer is still one of the most influential today.
34.75" x 29.25" x 30"
ReviewsTo post a review you must login to your customer account.
Continental U.S & Canada Furniture Delivery Options and Transit Times
Standard Shipping - ( 7- 16 business days ) Standard shipping includes a delivery appointment and a 2-person delivery to the First Dry Area or Garage.
White Glove - ( 7 - 16 business days ) White glove service includes a delivery appointment, inside delivery, assembly and placement in your room of choice and removal of all packing materials.
Express Shipping - ( 3 - 9 business days ) Express shipping is a curb side delivery service. You will be contacted for a delivery appointment. It will be your responsibility to remove the item off of the truck and bring it inside.
Furniture Order Processing Time
Orders in stock take 48 hours to process. Once orders are shipped tracking numbers are provided via email. You can watch the progress of your shipment as soon as they are made available to us.