Barcelona Bench Reproduction
- 2 Review(s)4.5
Mies van der RoheLudwig Mies van der Rohe born in 1886 was a German architect and widely regarded as one of the pioneering masters of Modern Architecture. He was ... Read More
This Premium Barcelona Bench Reproduction Features:
- Upholstered in 100% full grain Aniline Leather imported from Italy, the best, most expensive leather available. Over the years we have maintained excellent relationships with our supplier and have an inexhaustible supply of leather finishes/colors. All leather portions of the chair are made with this high grade leather, including piping, buttons and straps.
- 4 Sturdy Stainless Steel legs
- True to the 1929 original this daybed features a dense cushion with a lower profile thickness than the typical overinflated reproduction cushion
- High Density – High Resilient CA-117 fire retardant foam wrapped in a silk pouch provides the perfect amount of comfort and support to cushion
- Solid hardwood Base Frame features 3 individually UV cured coats of scratch resistant Polyurethane finish
- Braided thread used with Lockstitch (stitch type #301) ensures piping stays in place and seams are long lasting
- Leather panels buttons and piping are all individually hand cut and sewn
- Available in 2 seat or 3 seat length.
- Available in 3 wood finishes, Solid walnut, Natural Oak please specify in order comments
Genuine Imported Leathers
In order to distinguish Rove's line of genuine imported full leathers from generic leathers offered elsewhere that make similar claims of quality, we highly encourage you to request free swatches from each store and compare them side by side!
We are confident you will see the difference our quality makes. Rove products are designed to last for years thus it is only fitting that great attention is owed to the material and craftsmanship of each piece.
Avant-garde architect and designer Ludwig Mies van der Rohe is famous for pioneering the modernist aesthetic. He sought to establish a new vision, one that eliminated the flaws of the traditional style of design that so predominated his current environment. The Barcelona collection, first displayed at the 1929 International Exposition, so stunned its audience with its simplicity that its pieces remain icons of modernism to this day.
This Barcelona Style Bench continues the theme of extreme clarity and sophistication that Mies originally dreamt of, with clean lines and high quality craftsmanship. The bench features 100% top grain Italian aniline leather balanced upon a solid walnut frame and polished chrome steel legs, ensuring durability, comfort and style.
Any office foyer, lounge room or exclusive commercial boutique would immediately brighten with the introduction of the Barcelona Style Bench. Available in a range of colors, this is an exquisite item of reproduction furniture.
Mies van der Rohe
Ludwig Mies van der Rohe born in 1886 was a German architect and widely regarded as one of the pioneering masters of Modern Architecture. He was commonly referred to and addressed by his surname, Mies, by his colleagues, students, writers, and others. In 1923 he joined the avant-garde Bauhaus design school as their director of architecture, adopting and developing their functionalist application of simple geometric forms in the design of useful objects. Mies is best known for modernist architecture but also designed modern furniture pieces using new industrial technologies that have become popular classics. During Mies period of furniture design he collaborated closely with interior designer and companion Lilly Reich. Popular pieces include the Barcelona chair and ottoman, the Barcelona table, the Brno chair, and the Tugendhat chair. His furniture was known for fine craftsmanship, a mix of luxurious leather combined with modern chrome frames, and a distinct separation of the supporting structure and the supported surfaces.
Van Der Rohe Furniture Catalog
Dimensions20.1" x 17.7" x 52"
ReviewsTo post a review you must login to your customer account.
Fast shipping via FedEx on all our in stock items.
Furniture Order Processing Time
Orders in stock take 1 business day to process and typically ship 1 day after payment clears. Tracking numbers are provided via email. You can watch the progress of your shipment as soon as they are made available to us. Average delivery times are posted below.
Continental U.S & Canada Furniture Delivery Times
On average Canadian customers can anticipate delivery within our current 5-12 business day average. U.S. customers can anticipate delivery within our 7-12 business day delivery average.
International orders allow average 18-24 business days for arrival. Tracking numbers will be provided. International orders are not eligible for advertised shipping promotions. International customers please contact us to receive a custom delivery quote.