Barcelona Daybed Reproduction
Mies van der RoheMies van der Rohe is acknowledged as one of the leading members of modern architecture and design in the mid century period, along with ... Read More
- Upholstered in 100% full grain Aniline Leather imported from Italy, the best, most expensive leather available. Over the years we have maintained excellent relationships with our supplier and have an inexhaustible supply of leather finishes/colors. All leather portions of the upholstery are made with this high grade leather, including piping and buttons.
- Leather panels, buttons and piping are all individually cut and sewn by hand
- Braided thread used with Lockstitch (stitch type #301) ensures that piping stays in place and seams are long lasting
- True to the 1929 original, this daybed features a dense cushion with a lower profile thickness than the typical overinflated reproduction cushion
- High Density – High Resilient CA-117 fire retardant foam wrapped in a silk pouch provides the perfect amount of comfort and support to cushion
- Top bed attached to frame using 4 adjustable/removable straps
- 11 matching, heavy grade (2 ¼” wide x ¼” thick) leather Saddle Straps span the width of the daybed
- Straps are reinforced with 500lb polyester webbing for added strength and durability
- Leather support straps are dyed for the closest match possible to the full grain upholstery. Please note that all leather options will have an exact color match except for Modena Taupe, Palermo Olive, Palermo Dark Chocolate, Balmoral Cinnamon, Milano Smoke, NewCastle Brown, Selvaggio Rum. The chairs for these leather choices will be outfitted with classic black support straps.
- Solid hardwood Base Frame features 3 individually UV-cured coats of scratch-resistant Polyurethane finish
- Available in 3 wood finishes: Walnut, Natural Ash and Ebony
- Includes a replaceable and zippered head cushion
- Four sturdy stainless steel legs
- Dimensions: 78"W x 39"D x 15.5"H
Genuine Imported Leathers
In order to distinguish Rove's line of genuine imported full leathers from generic leathers offered elsewhere that make similar claims of quality, we highly encourage you to request free swatches from each store and compare them side by side!
We are confident you will see the difference our quality makes. Rove products are designed to last for years thus it is only fitting that great attention is owed to the material and craftsmanship of each piece.
Important: We do our best to provide quality pictures but leather colors will look different under different lighting. Pictures shown on the website should be viewed as an approximation under studio lighting, for accurate color comparison please request our swatches.
The modernist aesthetic is recognized for the notions of form following function, clarity and simplicity, and attention to detail. These ideas were first proposed by innovative designers such as Ludwig Mies van der Rohe, and are epitomized in his Barcelona collection.
This meticulous replica of Mies’ Barcelona Daybed honors his original mix of the traditional and luxurious full grain Italian aniline leather with the modern and functional stainless steel legs, ensuring durability and quality. The cushioned surface design instantly conjures up a sense of comfort, which is only enhanced when tested – this rare aniline leather is the softest, best quality leather available.
Without sacrificing quality, style, or reliability, this captivating piece of furniture can enhance your space at a significant saving. Feel like royalty while lounging on the Barcelona Style Daybed.
Mies van der Rohe
Mies van der Rohe is acknowledged as one of the leading members of modern architecture and design in the mid century period, along with contemporaries like Frank Lloyd Wright and Le Corbusier. Van der Rohe adhered to a vision of open spaces, newly used materials like steel and minimalism. He took projects at the Illinois Institute of Technology and headed the architecture program. He was also contracted for works like the Farnsworth House and the Neue Nationalgalerie museum. His furniture is one of his most lasting contributions to the time. The Barcelona series and BRNO Chair are distinctive pieces that represent his belief in pared down, quality, modern design.
77.1" x 16.5" x 39.4"
ReviewsTo post a review you must login to your customer account.
Continental U.S & Canada Furniture Delivery Options and Transit Times
Standard Shipping - ( 7- 16 business days ) Standard shipping for US shipments includes a delivery appointment and delivery to the "first dry area", meaning to the threshold or garage of a single-detached house, or lobby or service area of a high-rise building. Standard Shipping for Canadian shipments is a curb-side delivery service, and it will be the customer's responsibility to remove the item off of the truck and bring it inside.
White Glove - ( 7 - 16 business days ) White glove service includes a delivery appointment, inside delivery up to 2 flights of stairs, placement, and removal of large packaging materials.
Express Shipping - ( 3 - 9 business days ) Express shipping is a curb-side delivery service. It is the customer's responsibility to remove the item off of the truck and bring it inside.
Furniture Order Processing Time
Orders in stock take 48 hours to process. Once orders are shipped tracking numbers are provided via email. You can watch the progress of your shipment as soon as they are made available to us.